Monday, June 13, 2011

Blog Post 5


 The first video that I watched was The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale. In this video I learned that podcasting can be used as an extremely helpful tool in the classroom. It showed how it can incorporate students into the lesson ad get them more involved and excited about learning. Not only for students in the classroom, but if someone is out sick they can listen to the podcasts at home and still get the information that they need almost as if they were there.
 The next article that I read was Langwitches. This was about a first grade class using podcasts to lead them during reading. Each student was recorded reading a script and then once they were all recorded it was played aloud for the students to read along. I think this is a great idea and think that I could incorporate it into my classroom. One beneficial thing that could be gained from this is the children could hear themselves read and hear what they are struggling with or what they are improving on. It could be a real encouragement to hear their own voices reading and be proud of themselves.
 In Judy Scharf Podcast Collection explains to you what a podcast is. Also, it gives you a step-by-step guide on how to create a podcast. To go along with this information, she gives examples on what topics students could use to create a podcast of their own. This website is very useful because it explains what all you need to do to create your own podcast.
 All three of these sites have been very informing. With the information that I have been able to take from them, it should help me and my group create a successful podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Well done. I am looking forward to your podcast. I hope you will make use of what you have learned from these exercises in your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christy,

    Good post. I know there are so many benefits to podcasting in the classroom. I really like this idea for students who need extra help or like you pointed out, the ones who might be out sick.

    Good job,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete