Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blog Post 9

 In Mr. McClung's post What I've Learned This Year I felt like I was in the classroom with him and experienced it with him. He was very thorough  and descriptive. I learned that we all plan to teach that "perfect" lesson but almost never will. The most important thing of all when planning our lesson is that the information is taught to the students in a way that they grasp the concept and actually learn the information. Another great point he made was that communication is key to a great working environment. You must be able to communicate with your coworkers and be able to have that trust. Trust is a big key. It makes everything better because you know you have somebody there that will have your back or somebody just to talk to to get some extra insight on some troubling issues. It would only make sense that he had a topic on technology. He stated that teachers of today were afraid to learn how to use technology in our "microwave society". I know, from this class, that technology can enhance the lessons that you are trying to teach and make them that much better. Technology is not some big scary thing, it's nice and very helpful. But one of the biggest things as a teacher is we can never stop learning. Learning is the most important thing. How can we expect our students to learn new information if we won't learn new information? We can't. Nobody knows everything  so there is always something new to learn.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, there is always something new to learn. And that's what makes teaching fun. You are always learning if you are a good teacher.

    Last week Mr. McClung posted his third annual reflection. I think they get better and better. It will take only 5 minutes or so to read the 2010-2011 What I Learned This Year I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked what you had to say about the communication and trust! I would say that communication will be one of the most important things for me to work on. It's hard to tell a parents when their child isn't behaving like they should, or to voice an opposing opinion to a co-worker, but that is what makes an effective classroom! It's crazy to think that when we graduate, our "official" school setting learning is over, but in reality, we can never stop taking in new and current information to relay back to our children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the post that Dr. Strange linked to you. I really liked his advice about resisting stagnation. It seems like becoming bored is a thing of the past because teaching takes SO much time and energy. However, he said that things get easier, routine sets in, and when that happens-- it's time to pick up some new tasks to keep sharp and involved. I like that philosophy.

    ReplyDelete