Wednesday, June 8, 2011

C4T

In my first Comment 4 Teachers blog, I commented on Arvind Grover's post about libraries across the nation allowing books to be taken out on kindles or kindle apps. Over 11,000 libraries across the country are now allowing books to be taken out on mobile devices that have access to kindle apps and kindles themselves. I commented on this post and stated that I personally do not like the reading books using technology. I am very easily distracted to I tend to use multiple applications on my iPhone at once and hardly ever focus on one thing at a time. I am sure that for those people that have a kindle it will be a great thing. I know that it will be easier to access the books and carry them around with you because you can carry it around in your pocket, if on a mobile phone, or in you backpack and have several books on each device versus having to carry around five or six different books.

For my second post on his blog, I commented on a video he uploaded. It was a bookshelf filled with many different books of all sizes and colors. During the video the books were moved around as if they were free flowing on their own up and down, across, and designated by colors on the bookshelf. To end the video all of the books vacated the bookshelf exiting to the right with one tiny book straggling behind. I thought this was neat because of the way that people can manipulate inanimate objects to seem as if they have a life and mind of their own. I suppose that if we are going to start reading using our portable devices then this is still a good way to make use of our books.

No comments:

Post a Comment