Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog Post 7

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture


  First off Randy Pausch is a very inspirational man.  He accepts the fact that he is dying yet he does not feel sorry for himself or allow others to.  I know a lot of people who would be the exact opposite and want people to have pity for them.  This is a quality that many more people should hold.  I loved that he showed that no matter if he was dying he was capable of doing whatever and did push ups.  I am a well person and still could not do that.
  He stated a quote that I found very interesting, "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."  I had never heard this quote before, but this is probably a good thing because maybe I wouldn't had been able to relate to it like I am able to now.  As a child and up until now I never seen myself getting anything if I didn't get what I wanted.  When in all actuality you do get experience and knowledge of the event.  This is a good outlook so that you are able to be thankful so matter hat the outcome may be.  He is a very positive man and inspires me to be the same way.
  I like how he spoke about life and never giving up.  Life is definitely a challenge and everything will never go your way.  I know that I sometimes get very upset because challenges get in my way and I am not going to lie, I do pout and get mad, but I get through the challenges and they make me stronger as a person.  As he explained he was turned down for a job he wanted but he didn't give up and honestly this is the best way to be in life.   When life knocks you down or even kicks you when you are down you can't give up.  Just keep on with the plans you had originally come up with and when you succeed you will feel very accomplished.
  This lecture included a lot of great information from never giving up, to using groups projects and technology to show the students life skills.   He is a very great speaker and could influence everyone in one aspect or another.  His life stories and accomplishments are simply amazing and really touching.  Everyone he has spoken to or taught throughout his life will be able to carry out a quality that he has shown or taught is some form or fashion.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy,

    Another good post. I hope that you can take what you learned from this video to help you in your walk as a teacher. I really think that this video should be a requirement for everyone who is going to be teaching students of any age.

    Don't forget to proofread your posts. Also, don't forget to put your alt and title modifiers on your pictures,

    Keep up the good work,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete